Bio: Jessica is super excited to be a part of this cast. Regional credits include Rent (Maureen Johnson), Once on this Island (Asaka), Producers (Ensemble), and Hairspray (Ensemble) with Flat Rock Playhouse. Some other favorite roles include Janet Van De Graaff in The Drowsy Chaperone, Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls, The Ghost of Christmas Past in a Christmas Carol, and Meg Magrath in Crimes of the Heart. She would like to thank her family and friends for their ongoing support and sends them lots of love!
Q & A:
1. Nickname: Jess, JThreet
2. Hometown: Huntsville, AL
3. Zodiac sign: Aries
4. People who inspired you growing up: My parents, siblings, and family in general; my teachers in voice, acting, and dance; Julie Andrews, Judy Garland, Angela Lansbury, Disney Princesses and basically anything released by the company…
5. Siblings: Five of them. Taylor, Rebecca, Parker, Chapin, and Addie
6. Two dogs – Copper and Todd
7. Five Favorite Movies: Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Singin’ in the Rain, The Breakfast Club, Beauty and the Beast, Star Wars, Perks of Being a Wallflower, and The Labyrinth… I am a movie buff so this was hard!
8. Five Favorite Actors: Meryl Streep, Sutton Foster, Robin Williams (RIP), Amy Adams, Patti Lupone, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Jessica Lange
9. Dream Roles: There are too many… Fanny Bryce in Funny Girl, Elphaba in Wicked, Any Disney Princess!, Wednesday Adams in The Adams Family, Margot in Bright Star, Eponine/Fantine in Les Mis… the list goes on and on.
10. Last books you read: Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King and For One More Day by Mitch Albom
11. Moment You Knew You Wanted To Perform As A Living: Listening to the soundtracks at my mother’s dance studio. Particularity Sweeney Todd, Cats, Singin’ in the Rain, and Annie
12. Career You Would Want If You Couldn’t Perform: World Traveler
13. Favorite Word: Serendipity
14. Three Things You Cannot Live Without: My family, books, and cookies
15. Something You’re REALLY Bad At: Beat-boxing… I am literally the worst.
16. First Play or Musical You Ever Saw: Les Miserables on tour. It was what made me want to learn to sing better.
17. “I’ll Never Understand Why…”: The arts are the first thing to be cut in a school.
18. What Superhero Would You Want To Be? Batman or Spiderman because they get the best villians. Female-wise, I really enjoy Batgirl as well.
19. “Most People Wouldn’t Guess That I…”: I used to be a cheerleader
20. What Is Your Quest? To Find the Holy Grail!… but seriously, it would be to change the world through art one person at a time.